On December the 28th 2009, author and magic effect creator Ben Harris issued "Paranormalist" Jim Callahan with a $5,000.00 challenge to correctly divine (via his contact on the other side) the contents of a sealed box. Jim had demonstrated the effect on the TV program PHENOMENON and had, at last, agreed to be tested under strict conditions. However, failure to meet on common ground in regards conditions and test protocol has resulted in the challenge being rescinded. SILVIO SOLARIS, on the other hand, has taken up the the challenge. Read on...

Friday, January 8, 2010

UPDATE #8

Silvio Solaris, sent the following comment (which appears in full appended to UPDATE #1).

"as I PM'ed you at the Magic Cafe, I would like to 'divine' the content via remote viewing ONLY if Jim is not coming forward. I am ready."

Silvio Solaris
Glendale, California

We'll be taking up Silvio's offer to see this experiment through. Both of us will be fascinated by whatever results are achieved. I'll talk to Steve Brooks at The Magic Cafe to see if we can run a thread to chronicle this. I'm sure that this will be OK seeing as Silvio and I are on the same team, so to speak. By that, I mean: WE BOTH WANT TO SEE A RESULT!

I'll be fascinated to hear Silvio's story as to how and why he thinks that he can achieve this feat of "remote viewing." I have a completely open mind, and I'm hoping that we can produce a tight, clean test that will please all--with whatever the results may be.

On Jan 11th, I will place the box with item inside on a large table in a room by itself. I'll photograph everything for you to visually lock in. Remember, I'm in Australia and my time is Australian Eastern Standard Time.

I will also, at this time explain, (and hopefully get your agreement on) what is a hit and a miss.

I also suggest that we allow others to take a "guess" so as to look at the resulting stats.

I also suggest I email a third party the TARGET INFO so that we can have independent confirmation, just so no one suspects anything tricky. Who do you suggest? I'd be more than happy with Bob Cassidy or Banachek if either man is interested.

I would like to leave the box sealed and only open it on the 15th AFTER you have lodged your "viewing".

I will NOT KNOW what is in the box. It's more exciting that way!

Details on the 11th.

Have a great weekend everyone.


Ben Harris

1 comment:

  1. Whats up with not posting comments Ben? A few people say they commented and things are not showing up.

    So what if Jim needed a few days more. If Jim said it didnt matter about the color, then you should have went with that and put a tie dyed tshirt in the box!

    Your rescind makes this look like you are playing games my friend. I respect your work and hope you and Jim get back on track and make this happen.

    ReplyDelete