On December the 28th 2009, author and magic effect creator Ben Harris issued "Paranormalist" Jim Callahan with a $5,000.00 challenge to correctly divine (via his contact on the other side) the contents of a sealed box. Jim had demonstrated the effect on the TV program PHENOMENON and had, at last, agreed to be tested under strict conditions. However, failure to meet on common ground in regards conditions and test protocol has resulted in the challenge being rescinded. SILVIO SOLARIS, on the other hand, has taken up the the challenge. Read on...

Thursday, January 7, 2010

UPDATE #7

Jim Callahan has just posted the following in the comments box:

"Will take a few more days to get an answer from Raymond Hill or the entity who was Raymond Hill.(Hoping for video also). It just is not an easy deal on short notice. And as stated I see no reason why you need to know these things of Raymond Hill when I am the one to taking the Challenge. But I will ask. After you get the answer you will prove you have the cash right?

After all I hope you are not wasting our time and if you are I doubt many would not find that to be unethical. In fact i am looking forward to you being on the radio show because I am sure it will generate great publicity for me.

Thanks again,

Jim PS.This reply has been post to the MagicTalk site link here
http://magictalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=987.105"



I SAY:

Again, further delays, bluffs and attempts to take control. I have CLEARLY explained WHY the information is needed (so we can formulate the TEST) and that the $5000 would be made available WHEN the said test is designed, then approved by Jim, and when a suitable third party had been agreed upon.

Yet, we constantly go back and forth with nothing but distractions and decoys.

Previously, I had stated that any more distractions like this would result in the challenge being rescinded. Well, consider it rescinded. I will no longer try to nail jelly to your wall, Jim.

I realize that Jim and his boys will play this hard, but that's OK. The public record is preserved here and at the Magic Cafe (Steve Brooks has agreed to lock and preserve the thread concerned).

The information generated within the above Magic Cafe thread is fascinating, and together with the stats gathered by this blog, I feel the results rewarding.

Curiously, TWO OTHER paranormalists at The Magic Cafe asked to "have a go" when the Jim Case was settled. It would make for an interesting experiment and I ask (you know who you are) to come forward if you are still interested. I'm still interested, I WANT the chance to run the experiment. The results, NO MATTER WHAT THEY ARE, will tell us something.

Ben Harris

6 comments:

  1. Wow you could not find the time to chat with Dodd and I on MagicNews Wire right away but now you recind a challenge because I cannot get an answer from a guy who died in 1980 for you right now on the spot?

    As I said I could not see what Raymond Hill had to do with this.
    I accepted your challenge not him.

    Once again I accepted your challenge not him.

    One more time me not him.

    Most people understood what I was getting at.
    (Check the Cafe thread).

    I took you at your dubious word.
    (I read the reviews of your offerings to your pears).

    Now you are running because I will not contact a man on your behalf that has nothing to do with the challenge and as of yet you have not provided any proof you can or could satisfy your obligation in this challenge.

    How sad is this?

    And it is still on nothing has changed because I gave you the information needed to procede.

    But you just were not clever enough to understand I guess.

    Get on with it.

    Jim

    PS. This of course will be posted to MagicTalk this is the link.
    http://magictalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=987.120

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you only had to act out Meg Ryan's diner scene to get in touch with Raymond, J-ack. What's with all this dilly-dallying?

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual the thing falls apart. Slim/Jim fights a war of attrition. Delay delay delay, lie, delay, double speak, crap speak, send in Slim to be loud obnoxious, pretend what the lunitic said is not what he said, and when someone gets sick of it claim victory. Wow some power. How disapointing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jim,

    You are an idiot. Do you think anyone takes you seriously? Grow up dude. Ask Raymond who I am. sheeshhh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jim wants the publicity but is unwilling to pay the price.

    If he'd taken on the challenge he would have gotten all the PR he wanted, but instead he wants Ben to join him on the MagicNewsire to debate the challenge further "In fact i am looking forward to you being on the radio show because I am sure it will generate great publicity for me."

    I guess he knows that once he attempts, and fails, the challenge that his media appeal as a controversy magnet will diminish considerably.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stop posting anonymously people...If your going to say something on this site, get behind your words.

    Ben - Good for you in stepping up and challenging people. I have an appreciation for you willing to not only put your money on the line, but your just as happy to be proven wrong (in the instance that there is "someone/something" out there) as you are right... If I can offer another $5,000 as another supportive Aussie to make the prize a little more enticing, it would be my pleasure (just contact me).

    Jim - Simply put, your full of sh*t. I believe there is a special place in hell for people such as yourself who make their living claiming to have powers that simply dont exist, who dance with the emotions of people who have lost loved ones, and who give false hope to those trying to contact the other side. Either that, or your insane. Ill let you pick whichever insult suits you more.

    CW

    ReplyDelete